Top 10 Microsoft Word Templates
Free Templates for Word 2016
Microsoft Word is an advanced word processor and text processing program which is packaged as part of the Microsoft Office suite. The latest version, Microsoft Word 2016, can be purchased as an once off license or as part of a subscription to Microsoft Office 365. Although there have been many attempts at creating a worthy competitor to Microsoft Word over the decades, including Google Docs and Open Office, to date Word firmly holds on to the number one spot for document processing applications.
Free Word Templates
Word 2016 comes packed with access to thousands of predesigned templates such as curriculum vitae, resumes, flyers, business cards, business reports, brochures, coloring in books, APA style reports, certificates, letterheads, covering letters and letter stationery, fillable forms, newsletters, tri-fold flyers, menus, invitations and much more!
To access the Word Template library, do the following:
1. Open Microsoft Word 2016
2. Click on the File tab
3. Click on New and type the name of the Word 2016 template into the search box. Click the magnifying glass or press Enter to view the gallery.
4. Review the items in the gallery and click to select the template you wish to use. The template will be displayed in a preview window, and if you like it and want to use it, click on Create to start using the template.
We reviewed some of our favorite Word templates, as provided by the Microsoft Corporation, which are all available free for download to anyone with a licensed copy or subscription to MS Office 2016 and Office 365.
Let the countdown begin!
1. Resume Templates ~ CV Templates - Word 2016 TemplatesA resume or CV (curriculum vitae) reflects who you are, your skills and qualifications, and provides you with a tried and tested method to showcase your employability to prospective employers. Ideally you want to create the best possible first impression to employers or schools. Use Word’s predesigned professional CV and/or resume templates to give you a professional advantage over other job applicants.
2. Free Flyer Templates - Creating Flyers using Free Microsoft Word Templates
Need a flyer for a special event, to sell baked goods or to advertise a service? Don’t waste your time designing these from scratch, use one of Word 2016’s beautiful and easy to use flyer designs. Simply type FLYER into the template search box and select one you like. We liked the Seasonal Event Flyer that can easily be adapted to any other content.
3. Free Certificate Templates - MS Word Certificate Templates
Gift Certificate Template - Award Certificate Template - Certificate of Appreciation Template
These editable certificate templates can be used to acknowledge excellence of service, special achievements or milestones reached, by awarding custom made and branded professional certificates. Print your completed customized certifications on special paper or card to add to their professional appeal. Great for school award certificates for teachers and kids or even to award kids at home. Or give yourself an award!!!
4. Letter Templates Word 2016
Whether you need to write a covering letter, employment letter, job acceptance letter, university application letter, or any other type of standard letter, chances are you’ll find a well-written and neatly designed letter template for this in Word 2016’s template gallery. Simply search for LETTER in the template search box and select a letter content or design type that fits your requirements.
5. Fillable Form Templates - 2016 Microsoft Word Templates
Forms are used in multiple industries and disciplines, from filling in a mortgage application, medical registration form, school or employment application form, to fun survey forms. To ensure forms you create reflect your brand and are easy to complete by the intended audience, using a predesigned template as your starting point will save you a lot of time. Don’t be limited by the names or specific fields within a form template, these can be modified with very little effort to match your needs.
6. Word Business Report Templates for 2016
Few documents reflect a company’s brand and personality like a business report, investor proposal, whitepaper, business review report or financial statements. Badly designed and formatted documents that are difficult to read is a thing of the past with Microsoft’s business report templates. A variety of templates with or without cover pages is available and all can be easily modified to fit your specific requirements.
7. Brochure Templates - Free Brochure Design - Word Templates 2016
Get a free Brochure Design by using Word Brochure Templates. Market your service or products, or create a training booklet, using the brochure template. Brochure and trifold flyer templates have preset areas that make it easy to get the layout right the first time and make your brochures and flyers print-ready from the word go.
8. Newsletter Templates - Free Templates for Word 2016
Even with well-established social media channels, corporate webpages, blogs and email marketing tools that constantly present and deliver up-to-date news about your personal or business related events, the traditional newsletter is still used and read by many. Use a newsletter template in Word and save it to PDF format to easily share a professional version of your newsletter online.
9. MS Word Essay Templates ~ APA style Report Templates for students - MS Word 2016 Templates
As any student at college or university level can attest to, when writing an essay, report or even your thesis, formatting the document is the least of your worries. Unfortunately, formatting errors and numbering gone awry, table of contents and page numbering that no longer works, can mean a failed course or the submission of a document you are less than proud of. Use the APA style report to produce a perfectly formatted paper.
10. Creative Templates - MS Word Templates 2016
Don’t be fooled into thinking Word 2016 is only a word processor, it has many hidden creative templates that can be used for everything from creating themed coloring-in books, menus, recipe books, e-books, party invitations and much more. Use the search bar to find creative and fun items by searching for a related keyword.
What is your favorite Word 2016 template? Let us know and we will add it to the list!