Microsoft Excel 2016 Training Index Page
Free Online Excel 2016 Tutorials & Tests
Tutorials with corresponding Tests
10 Question Multiple Choice Quizzes with Answer Explanations
This is a new section of our website we are building now - please come back and visit soon!
Go to Excel 2010 (45 Tutorials and 43 Tests)
ArticlesTop 10 Microsoft Excel Templates for highly effective people
Packaged as part of the Microsoft Office 2016 suite as well as Office 365, Excel 2016 is a powerful productivity tool with some mind-blowing features. MS Excel spreadsheets are not only great for financial workbooks and budgets, it can also be used for creating calendars and schedules, fitness tracker, invoices, to do lists, weight loss tracker, vehicle service logs, address lists and much more.
* Free Excel 2016 Training
1. Learn Excel Basics - Excel 2016
* 6 Online Tutorials & 6 Tests with Answer Explanations
What’s New in Excel 2016? Excel 2016 Tutorial
What’s New in Excel 2016? Excel 2016 Test
* Tell Me Search Box
* People Graph Add-In
* Map Chart
* Quick Analysis Tools
* Smart Lookup
Excel 2016 is the latest version of Microsoft’s well-known spreadsheet program. It is packed full with improvements to existing functions and a host of new useful and exciting features. This tutorial will introduce you to a couple of the highlights of Excel 2016.
The different parts of the Excel Screen Tutorial - Excel 2016 Tutorial
The different parts of the Excel Screen Test - Excel 2016 Test
* How does the Excel Ribbon work?
* QAT - Quick Access Toolbar options
* Rows and columns in a worksheet
* Worksheet tabs in a workbook
* The Name Box and Formula Bar
If you are new to Excel, it is highly recommended that you familiarize yourself with the layout and terminology for all the parts of the Excel 2016 screen. The Excel screen comprises elements such as the Ribbon, Tabs, Quick Access Toolbar, Name Box, Formula Bar, Column and Row Labels, cells and Worksheet Tabs.
Navigating Excel Workbooks & Excel Sheets Tutorial
Navigating Excel Workbooks & Excel Sheets Test
* Moving around rows and columns
* Selecting cell ranges
* Moving between worksheets
* Go to specific Excel cells
* Excel Find Function find numbers or words
Navigating around an Excel worksheet is a skill worth developing. Workbooks can contain data that runs over multiple rows, columns and worksheets and finding what you are looking for can be daunting. Knowing how to select cell ranges, quickly move to the beginning or end of a section of data or using Go To and Find to navigate to specific data sets, makes this easy!
The File Tab and Backstage View Tutorial
The File Tab and Backstage View Test
* The areas of the Backstage View
* Open existing workbooks
* Create new workbooks
* Save workbooks (and recover unsaved ones)
* Create PDF copies of worksheets to share
The File button in Excel provides access to workbook saving, retrieving, information, security settings and a multitude of other options, which are not readily available in the normal workbook view. Aptly named the Backstage View, this is where you will find all the tools you need to create and manage Excel workbooks like an expert!
Making Excel View Types Work for You Tutorial
Making Excel View Types Work for You Test
* Excel Normal View
* Excel Page Break Preview
* Excel Page Layout View
* Excel Custom Views
Excel 2016 comes packed with three built-in view types, Normal, Page Break Preview and Page Layout, as well as a set of customizable view options. Using view types effectively is an essential part of worksheet management and layout design.
Mastering the Ribbon & QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) Tutorial
Mastering the Ribbon & QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) Test
* What exactly is the Excel 2016 Ribbon?
* Showing and hiding the Ribbon
* How to find functions on the Ribbon
* Contextual tabs that disappear
* The shortcut menu or QAT - Quick Access Toolbar
* Adding buttons to the QAT
The Ribbon and Quick Access toolbars in Excel are the control centers for functions, options and settings needed to create and edit worksheets. Both these toolbars work in very specific ways and understanding how they are organized may increase your productivity substantially.
Window and Zoom Options in Excel 2016 Tutorial
Window and Zoom Options in Excel 2016 Test
* Get a better look by zooming in and out of a worksheet
* View different parts of the same workbook at the same time
* How to find functions on the Ribbon
* Freeze rows or columns so that they remain visible when you scroll
Manipulate Excel windows to aid viewing, comparing and editing different sections of a workbook or sheet at the same time. The Freeze Pane, New Window, Synchronous Scrolling and Zoom options are a few of the window options that will make mastering Excel a breeze!
2. Data Entry and Formatting in Excel 2016
Adding Text and Numbers to a Worksheet Tutorial
Adding Text and Numbers to a Worksheet Test
* How to add text or numbers to cells
* How to align cell content
* Resizing rows and columns to fit cell contents
* Fitting contents to column width
* How to add paragraphs to cells
* How to edit and delete cell contents
Adding text or numerical values to a worksheet requires the ability to insert, edit, fit and delete cell contents. Master the Excel grid of cells, rows and columns by adding headings, paragraphs, row or column headings and capturing values.
* EXCEL RESOURCES AND ARTICLESExcel Training - Excel Training & Excel MOS Exams Explained
How to use Excel - What is Microsoft Excel? What can Microsoft Excel be used for? What are the benefits of using Microsoft Excel to perform the above functions?
What MS Excel Training is best for you? Quiz.- Being aware of what kind of Excel user you are, what you wish to use the program for, how often you use it and at what level you currently are (for example Novice, Intermediate or Expert), could act as a guide for the type of training you need to pursue.
What Version of Excel are you using? Find out how to find out!
Top 10 Microsoft Excel Templates for highly effective people