Are you just a Heavy Drinker or are you an Alcoholic?Ever wondered if maybe you need treatment for alcoholism or to go to alcohol rehab? Take this questionnaire and find out. Count how many questions you answer YES to and then read the answer at the bottom of the page.
1. Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?
2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking - stop telling you what to do?
3. Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?
4. Have you had to have an eye-opener upon awakening during the past year? Do you need a drink to get started, or to stop shaking? This is a pretty sure sign that you are not drinking "socially."
5. Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?
6. Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?
7. Has your drinking caused trouble at home?
8. Do you ever try to get "extra" drinks at a party because you do not get enough?
9. Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want to, even though you keep getting drunk when you don't mean to?
10. Have you missed days of work or school because of drinking?
11. Do you have "blackouts"? A "blackout" is when we have been drinking hours or days which we cannot remember.
12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?
To get the answer highlight the text between the two ANSWER words below. The words are written in white so when you highlight the text you will be able to read the answer.
ANSWER: Did you answer YES four or more times? If so, you are probably in trouble with alcohol.
To read more about alcoholism go to the Alcoholics Anonymous website
Cocktails, wine, beer - are you an expert? Take the quizzes - health and alcohol, are you alcohol addict etc.